Sunday, August 7, 2011

BROOKLYN MUSEUM- NATURAL HAIR TAKE-OVER

When asked "What do you love about your natural hair the most?" a group of pre-teens began to shout out from every which way "IT'S NATURAL! IT HAS NO CHEMICALS! IT'S BEAUTIFUL! IT STANDS OUT! IT'S MY OWN NATURAL TEXTURE! IT'S WHO I AM!" That was the hi-lite of my night. I arrived at The Brooklyn Museum a little too late to go inside so we decided to walk around on the outside and enjoy the atmosphere. As soon as I began walking I started noticing all of the natural hair out there. There were literally more naturals than not. So I decided to capture some of these creative hair styles from men, women, and children to share with you. I was so amazed at the creativity I saw...from twist outs, to brush cuts, to TWAs (teeny weeny afros), to dreadlocks ALL lengths (including thigh length), to WnGs (wash and gos), to mohawks, to braids, and not to mention different colors. These people just seem to be so care free to me and definitely have a style of there own. We shared blog sites, websites, product information, and more. I had a great time and look forward to attending this event again soon in the near future.

So for those of you that's visiting the blog from the event, thanks for participating. If your picture is posted below, I REALLY LOVED your hair. As I already mentioned, my young group of girls were my favorite. They have so much character already so I know they will follow a path of their own and no one else's. Hope you enjoy the pics as much as I do.

FYI, because it was dark outside some of the hairstyles didn't show up....sorry....



























1 comment:

  1. Great pics! It looks like there was a huge turn out. I am totally loving all the beautiful naturals!!

    The Honeyroom

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...